Our MFL Curriculum Statement
The core language taught at Nicol Mere is French. It is our intention that all children in KS2 will access quality first teaching of French which will develop our children’s knowledge and progressively develop their skills in languages. They will use and apply an increasing bank of vocabulary thus equipping the children with the skills in order to be confident global citizens.
1. To have very high expectations in language teaching across KS2 so that our children are confident global citizens.
2. To provide a broad and balanced curriculum which is progressive in knowledge, skills and vocabulary.
3. To give our children an understanding and appreciation of the French culture.
4. To offer our children new and exciting experiences and opportunities.
5.To promote our school and British Values.
6. To prepare our children for the next steps in their learning journey.
Nicol Mere MFL Curriculum