Our PE Curriculum Statement
It is our intent for our Physical Education curriculum to deliver high-quality lessons that inspire all our pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities. We aim to provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness including healthy minds. We want to provide opportunities for children to compete in sport and other activities that build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect. Additionally, we want our children to develop a lifelong love of sport.
1. For all children to actively take part in the 5 main areas of sport: games, dance, gymnastics, athletics and swimming.
2. To deliver a progressive skills based PE curriculum.
3. To keep our children physically active for sustained periods of time and increase their fitness levels.
4. To teach and encourage our children to lead healthy and active lives.
5. To participate in outdoor activities through the curriculum and on residential trips.
6. To engage in competitive sports and activities: inter house competitions and intra house events.
7. To offer our children new and exciting opportunities and experiences.
8. To promote our school and British Values.
9. To prepare our children for the next steps in their learning journey.
Nicol Mere PE Curriculum
Nicol Mere Football