Our Science Curriculum Statement
At Nicol Mere School, we encourage children to be inquisitive throughout their time at school and beyond. Our science curriculum provides opportunities for children to develop a sense of awe and wonder and also develop a healthy curiosity in children about our universe.
Throughout their time at school, children will develop scientific knowledge which will be consolidated and built upon as they progress through the year groups. Outstanding teaching will encourage children to acquire this knowledge. Through practical scientific enquiry, our children’s scientific skills will be developed to enable them to answer their own questions with increasing independence. Our children are immersed in scientific vocabulary to equip them to question, predict, explain and evaluate their world around them.
1. To provide an engaging curriculum that is broad, balanced and progressive.
2. To provide our children with the knowledge and vocabulary needed to be confident scientists.
3. To provide opportunities for focused, practical scientific enquiry and skills to be taught and practised.
4. To develop a natural curiosity about the world that we live in.
5. To offer children new and exciting opportunities and experiences.
6. To promote our school and British Values.
7. To prepare our children for the next steps in their learning journey.
Nicol Mere Science Curriculum